The GRE Regional Economic Gardening Program is designed to provide sophisticated, tailor-made technical assistance to local companies poised for growth in the Greater Rochester, NY Region. GRE partners with the Edward Lowe Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that supports entrepreneurship, to provide this unique program to Rochester area companies.
Economic gardening is ideal for second-stage entrepreneurs because it focuses on critical strategic challenges they’re wrestling with – from developing new markets and refining business models to assessing competitive intelligence. By providing second-stage CEOs with action-oriented tools and information, economic gardening specialists point them to new opportunities they may never have thought of on their own. Selected companies will have access to a free suite of high-end, high-speed development tools.
- Identify qualified leads by sorting contents of extensive databases
- Map geographic areas using GIS software to facilitate targeted marketing efforts
- Review core strategies related to commodity and/or niche markets
- Analyze employee temperament to build strong management teams and recruit new hires that fit the organization’s culture
- Examine social media utilization to connect with customers
- Place your website in front of more customers using search engine optimization
We offer this program to a select group of companies in the Greater Rochester Region at no cost, thanks to generous financial support from Empire State Development, The Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation, and M&T Bank.
Greater Rochester Enterprise President & CEO Mark Peterson discussed the second round of the GRE Economic Gardening Program Wednesday on News 8 at Sunrise.
Does Your Company Qualify?
To apply for this free program, your business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a for-profit, privately held company headquartered in the Greater Rochester, NY Region
- Have between $700,000 and $50 million in annual revenue
- Employ at least 5 but no more than 100 employees
- Have maintained principal operations in the Greater Rochester, NY Region for at least the past 2 years
- Demonstrate growth in employment and/or revenue for at least 2 of the past 5 years
- Provide products and/or services to markets outside of the Greater Rochester, NY Region
Note: Retail and restaurant establishments do not qualify for this program.
Is Your Company Ready to Grow?
If you have questions, please call GRE's Carter Middleton at 585-530-6217 or email Carter@RochesterBiz.com
Grow Thanks to Our Partners
Related PDF Files
GRE Regional Economic Gardening Brochure