Rochester, NY has a strong supplier base that includes more than 100 companies with related expertise to manufacture components of the wind turbine.
Gleason Works, one of Rochester's oldest manufacturers, is a leader in the design, application, testing, analysis and production of gears. Gleason manufactures specialized gears for the wind energy industry.
Notable Local Companies
There are several wind farms in Rochester's Wyoming County, with a combined capacity to generate 517 MW of power and serve more than 131,000 homes.
- Dairy Hills Wind Farm: 38 turbines, 80 MW, serving 24,000 home
- Invenergy's High Sheldon Wind Farm: 75 turbines, 112.5 MW, serving 25,000 homes
- Noble Bliss Windpark: 67 turbines, 100.5 MW
- Noble Wethersfield: 82 turbines, 123 MW, serving 42,500 homes
- Stoney Creek Wind Farm: 59 turbines, 94.4 MW, serving 37,000 homes
- Wethersfield Wind Farm: 10 turbines, 6.6 MW, serving 3,200 homes