Rochester, NY has a strong supplier base that includes more than 100 companies with related expertise to manufacture components of the wind turbine.
Gleason Works, one of Rochester's oldest manufacturers, is a leader in the design, application, testing, analysis and production of gears. Gleason manufactures specialized gears for the wind energy industry.
There are several wind farms in Rochester's Wyoming County, with a combined capacity to generate 517 MW of power and serve more than 131,000 homes.
- Dairy Hills Wind Farm: 38 turbines, 80 MW, serving 24,000 home
- Invenergy's High Sheldon Wind Farm: 75 turbines, 112.5 MW, serving 25,000 homes
- Noble Bliss Windpark: 67 turbines, 100.5 MW
- Noble Wethersfield: 82 turbines, 123 MW, serving 42,500 homes
- Stoney Creek Wind Farm: 59 turbines, 94.4 MW, serving 37,000 homes
- Wethersfield Wind Farm: 10 turbines, 6.6 MW, serving 3,200 homes