The GRE Regional Economic Gardening Program is designed to provide sophisticated, tailor-made technical assistance to local companies poised for growth in the Greater Rochester, NY region. GRE partners with the Edward Lowe Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that supports entrepreneurship, to provide this unique program to Rochester area companies.
Economic gardening is ideal for second-stage entrepreneurs because it focuses on critical strategic challenges they’re wrestling with – from developing new markets and refining business models to assessing competitive intelligence. By providing second-stage CEOs with action-oriented tools and information, economic gardening specialists point them to new opportunities they may never have thought of on their own. Selected companies will have access to a suite of high-end, high-speed development tools.
- Identify qualified leads by sorting contents of extensive databases
- Map geographic areas using GIS software to facilitate targeted marketing efforts
- Review core strategies related to commodity and/or niche markets
- Examine social media utilization to connect with customers
- Place your website in front of more customers using search engine optimization
- Analyze employee temperament to build strong management teams
We offer this program to a select group of companies in the Greater Rochester region at no cost, thanks to generous financial support from Greater Rochester Enterprise and Empire State Development.
Greater Rochester Enterprise president & CEO Matt Hurlbutt discussed the GRE Regional Economic Gardening Program on News 8 at Sunrise.
Does Your Company Qualify?
To apply for this free program, your business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a for-profit, privately held company headquartered and operating in Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming or Yates County
- Have between $1 million and $50 million in annual revenue
- Employ at least 10 but no more than 100 employees (including the owner)
- Have maintained principal operations in the Greater Rochester, NY Region for at least the past 2 years
- Demonstrate growth in employment and/or revenue for at least 2 of the past 5 years
- Provide products and/or services to markets outside of the Greater Rochester, NY Region
Note: Retail, restaurant establishments, and local service providers (e.g. accounting, legal, staffing firms) do not qualify for this program.
Is Your Company Ready to Grow?
Applications are now being accepted for our economic gardening program.
If you have questions, please call GRE's Carter Middleton at 585-530-6217 or email Carter@RochesterBiz.com
Grow Thanks to Our Partners